Bringing Oral Health to
Want to know if your school is registered?
Smiles@School is a statewide initiative of Delta Dental of Minnesota Foundation to support children’s oral health through education, prevention and dental sealant programs in schools.
Although largely preventable, tooth decay is the single-most common chronic childhood disease. The Minnesota Department of Health reports that in 2015, half of Minnesota third-graders have or have had tooth decay.
In its second year, the Smiles@School first-grade program provides sports backpacks filled with fun oral health tools and a booklet available for every Minnesota first-grader, as well as free lesson plans and videos for their teachers.
- Kids Activity Sheets
- Mouth Guard Safety Kids Activity Sheet
- Color Your Tooth Fairy Kids Activity Sheet
- Mouth Safety Word Search Kids Activity Sheet
- Tooth Fairy Maze Kids Activity Sheet
- Word Bank Kids Activity Sheet
- Picture Crossword Kids Activity Sheet
- Make Words Kids Activity Sheet
- Word Scramble Kids Activity Sheet
- Color and Circle Kids Activity Sheet
- Guess the Animal Kids Activity Sheet
- Word Puzzle Kids Activity Sheet
- My Floss Chart Kids Activity Sheet
- My Brush Chart Kids Activity Sheet
- Word Unscramble Kids Activity Sheet
- Summer Word Search Kids Activity Sheet
About the Program
Dental disease is 5 times more prevalent than asthma
7 times more common than allergies like hay fever.
More than 51 million school hours are lost each year due to dental disease, leading to increases in educational disparity and decreases in productivity.
An estimated one in four U.S. children ages five to eleven may be affected by tooth decay, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Preventive treatments—many of which can be offered in schools—such as fluoride varnish and sealants have been shown to prevent an additional 33% of decay on primary teeth