Interested in joining our Delta Dental team as a Telecom Engineer at our new Operations and Technology Center in Bemidji?
Here's the job description for the role.
|Job Title||Telecom Analyst|
|Last Updated||April 2019||Position Type||Full-Time|
This position is responsible for translating business requirements into Telecom functionality and maintaining the Telecommunications infrastructure for all locations to ensure system stability and performance while providing ongoing network operational support.
This position will be with Stratacor Enterprise, LLC, an affiliate of Delta Dental of Minnesota.
- Configure Cisco Call Manager with new telephones and configure voice network services (voice mail, extension mobility, Jabber, call recording and mobile connect)
- Maintains programs and controls telecommunication systems for all locations on a corporate level. This includes serving as the telecommunications technical consultant to end-users and less experienced personnel
- Investigate and provide root cause analysis for all telecom interruptions and provides mitigation plans to prevent reoccurrences
- Coordinate with vendors, internal technical teams and other staff as necessary to gain assistance and resolve problems with the telecom platform and associated applications
- Document issue resolutions via Confluence
- Customer service skills a must
- Provide after-hours support as scheduled and on a rotational on call basis
- Maintain excellent communication with all end users and other members of the Technology Department.
- Research, test and configure telecom software
- Maintain inventory of all hardware and software resources.
- Mentors junior telecom team members
- Willingness to train employees on various telecommunications topics.
- Execute other assigned tasks or projects as assigned.
- Provide Level 1 and Level 2 helpdesk support to company users during core business hours and after hours support as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Ability to recognize, analyze and effectively solve problems in a timely and organized manner using industry best practices and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Computer Engineering preferred OR a total of five years technical/Cisco Telecom experience.
- 2 years' experience in Cisco Call Center Manager Programming
- Excellent troubleshooting ability
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Independent self-starter
- Excellent interpersonal skills required
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows 2012/2016 Server.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office products; (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Good documentation and training skills
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
- Travel Requirements: Minimal
- Weight Lifting Requirements: 80 lbs.
- Reports To: Telecom/Desktop Services Manager
- Directly Manages: None
- Internal Relationships: Operational leadership; Technical Services team; site customer service team; interfaces with enterprise-wide staff and management
- External Relationships: Vendors, potential customer interactions