Supervisor - Billing
Interested in joining our Delta Dental team as a Billing Supervisor at our new Operations and Technology Center in Bemidji?
Here's the job description for the role.
|Job Title||Supervisor - Billing|
|Last Updated||April 2019||Position Type||Full-Time|
Responsible for management of Billing, Cash Application and related Accounting activities within the Finance organization to ensure the goals and objectives of the Stratacor organization are met. Responsible for the management and adherence to customer service and compliance standards as well as the identification of requirements, process implementation and staff training for assigned functional areas of responsibility.
This position will be with Stratacor Enterprise, LLC, an affiliate of Delta Dental of Minnesota.
- Manage the assigned staff to ensure the following functions (as assigned) are completed within required (expected) guidelines or performance levels:
- Responsible for regularly scheduled billing processing according to company timelines and standards.
- Responsible for timely application of cash to customer accounts
- Responsible for customer service training and review of assigned personnel including monthly review of calls for assigned personnel
- Management of Billing Call Center staff to ensure customer service is provided according to company’s service level standards
- Supports accurate month end accounts receivable and revenue reporting
- Timely and accurate customer service delivery while troubleshooting accounts receivable and client account issues
- Implements new or improves current processes through automation to ensure most effective service delivery
- Participates in internal and external financial and customer audits
- Provides support to the Accounts Receivable analysts to ensure timely payment collection from customers
- Analyzes, develops, recommends, tests and implements billing and collection system enhancements to meet corporate initiatives and goals
- Financial analysis and reconciliations for assigned functions
- Analyze, develop, recommend, test and implement initial set-up of Billing processing unit. Work will be accomplished in conjunction with existing vendor, Stratacor Project Management team and future state systems vendor.
- Supervision of staff, including:
- Hiring of competent, qualified staff
- Training and on-going development of staff
- Coordination of job accountabilities and workloads
- Preparation of annual staff performance evaluations, including recommendation of promotions and salary increases. On-going performance management including recommendations of disciplinary actions, employee development plans, etc. to assure staff are appropriately developed and matched with position requirements.
- Preparation of annual staff incentive plans for each staff member, and monitoring/reporting of staff members’ status on meeting their incented goals.
- Act as liaison by communicating and collaborating with cross-functional teams across Stratacor and with vendor teams, as applicable, regarding billing, collections and cash applications, including prioritizing work, projects and training.
- Handle daily service issues, questions and problems related to the assigned functions.
- Special projects as assigned.
Required Knowledge Skills and Ability
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with Financial/Accounting related data.
- Must possess the ability to effectively organize and prioritize personal and staff workloads and manage time accordingly.
- Significant prior experience with personal computer operation, with strong skills in using Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Access). Intermediate to advanced level of ability with spreadsheet program (Excel) and a minimum of 5 to 7 years of recent comprehensive experience with a computerized accounting system.
- Prior experience and knowledge of accounts receivable and billing practices and systems
Required Education and Expereince
- Bachelor (4 year) Accounting degree, a Finance or related degree may be considered depending on relevant experience.
- Types and terms of experience required:
- Billing and/or Accounts Receivable/Collections- 2 to 4 years
- Supervision/Leadership – minimum of 2 years
- Health Care Industry Experience Preferred - 1 to 2 years
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
- Travel Requirements: Minimal – 1-2 days per month
- Weight Lifting Requirements: 20 lbs
- Reports To: Senior Manager – Billing and Accounts Receivable or Controller
- Directly Manages: 4-6 Accounting Specialists/Financial Analysts
- Internal Relationships: Finance senior management, Accounting/Finance Director, Accountants, all levels of personnel from other corporate divisions.
- External Relationships: Banks/financial institutions, audit & tax personnel from independent accounting firms, various Federal/State departments and other regulatory agencies or associations